This Getting Connected guide will walk through the steps to activate a Hologram Global IoT SIM, configure your cellular hardware, and connect to the Hologram global network to send data over the internet from your devices.
If this is your first time using Hologram, please have the following information readily available to get connected:
If you haven’t already, create a Hologram account to manage your devices and billing and then login to your new account.
1) From the Hologram Dashboard, click the Activate SIM button in the top-right corner shown below:
If this your first SIM activation, you’ll be prompted to select an Edition: Maker, Professional, or Enterprise to move forward. This will determine which plans and features are available your connected devices.
2) Next you will need to select a plan. Here you can choose between the standard Flexible Data plan for your edition, high bandwidth plans, or enterprise plans if your organization has custom pricing available from the sales team. This page will also let you set data limits to prevent unexpcted data usage on your devices.
3) Once you have selected your plan you will need to enter the SIM numbers of the Hologram SIM cards you’d like to activate.
Every SIM card has an 18-22 digit unique ID printed on it. Enter your SIM’s ID in the activation form.
Note that you can bulk activate SIMs by entering multiple numbers separated by commas.
On this screen you will also be given the option to add custom name prefixes to your devices and assign tags for organization.
4) Determine your payment method. This is also where you are given the option to enable Auto-Refill which we highly recommend. Auto-refill will automatically add to your account balance to prevent any unnecessary pausing of device connectivity due to insufficient funds as devices on your organization renew each month and use cellular data.
5) Finally, you will be taken to the Review step where all the information will be summarized. Hit the “Activate N SIM(s)” button and the activation process will be complete.
6) Your SIMs should now be in a ‘Live’ state with a green circle indicator and ready to connect anywhere on our Hologram global network
With your device powered off, insert the Hologram Global SIM Card into your device and power your device back on.
Then, all you need to do is configure your device to use Hologram’s Access Point Name (APN) to load the proper configuration. Consult your device’s documentation on how to configure the APN. The APN allows your device to properly set up a connection to the gateway between Hologram and the Internet. In many devices this is set via SMS, firmware, or other configuration interface.
The correct APN settings are as follows:
With your Hologram SIM activated and APN set on your device, your device is now ready to connect to the Hologram network.
You should now be able to power your device and send cellular internet data from your device. On Professional Edition devices, devices connected in active data sessions will shift from ‘Live’ green to ‘Connected’ blue state indicators on the Hologram dashboard.
If your device requires an IoT messaging protocol for sending data to and from the field, you may want to explore options for communication protocols through our Hologram Data Engine Our Data Router is a great option for routing data from your device to other internet applications.