If you are having problems with the Dash or connecting via cellular, this page lists some commonly encountered issues.
Dash Serial Connection Issues
- Ensure correct port settings/device in your terminal emulator program
- Ensure the Dash is running the latest firmware and the preloaded user program, available here
- Linux users: If receiving permissions errors, ensure your user is a member of the dialout group, and restart your system before retrying. Alternately, run your terminal emulator with root permissions by using sudo.
- Windows users: If receiving permissions errors, try running your terminal emulator (PuTTY, GTKTerm, etc) with Administrator privileges
- When using a USB-to-TTL level converter: Try swapping the Tx and Rx lines between the converter and the Dash
- When using a USB-to-TTL level converter: Make sure that you are using the Serial2 interface in your code and not Serial or SerialUSB.
Cellular Connectivity and Hologram Cloud Issues
- Make sure you have activated your SIM on the Hologram Dashboard and that its corresponding device has a LIVE status.
- You may need to reload the Logs page in the Dashboard in order to see new incoming messages.